Winner of the team event at the FIE World Cup in Women’s Foil, Arianna Errigo of Italy, shared her impression of the national team’s performance.
– Arianna, we congratulate you on your victory. How do you estimate your overall performance in the individual and team events?
– The individual competition went not as well as I had planned but I am very happy with my performance in the team event. I would give full marks to our team today. We did well at all our bouts and won.
– Most people expected to see the Russian national team in the final. Were you surprised that it didn’t make it to the final?
– Yes, I was surprised as well when there was no Team Russia in the final. They are number one in the world rankings. I thought that they’d fight for the first place.
– How did Kazan welcome you? How was the tournament in terms of event management?
– I really like Kazan. I love this city. Here I became world champion in 2014. I would like to thank organizers of this year’s tournament for their excellent work.
Press Office of Directorate for Sports and Social Projects