Official website of Red Bull Air Race World Championship
The fifth stop of the Red Bull Air Race World Championship 2018 took place above the water area of the Kazanka River between the Millennium Bridge and the Kremlyovskaya Dam, Kazan on 25-26 August 2018. 14 Master Class pilots and 6 Challenger Class pilots competed in the race.
A unique Activition Zone was available for spectators during the championship in Kazan.
In the Activition Zone, spectators had the opportunity:
- to master a skill of fixing a five-metre high pylon, a reduced replica of pylons used on the track of the race;
- to get first-hand experience of piloting a Red Bull Air Race plane via an in-race VR simulator;
- to attend Sony PlayStation booths;
- to take amazing pictures at photo zones imitating a flight over Kazan in the middle of an aerial stunt, inside a cockpit or near a pylon;
- to collect pictures taken with life-size cardboard cut-outs of pilots;
- to see a spectacular FMX show and bike stunts performed by Russia’s best rider Aleksey Kolesnikov and Co;
- to watch unique flyboard and wakeboard shows;
- to attend street theatre performances and to watch stunts performed by football and basketball freestyle gurus;
- together with their kids to participate in sports activities such as Squirrel Wheels, Bungee Run, Trim Trail and Foam City;
- to take part in the entertainment programme;
- to let their kids play in the kids’ zone;
- and finally to have a meal and to chill out in the lounge zone.